Don't let appearances (or names!) fool you. This plant actually belongs to the Liliaceae family and is a relative of lilies, tulips, amaryllis, and hostas. While its foliage may be delicate and wispy, this plant is actually quite hardy and can thrive with its basic needs met. This particular variety is native to South Africa (especially the cape and northern provinces).
- Fern sprengeri, potting soil, moss, plastic growers pot
- Place in bright indirect light or an eastern facing window
- Let soil dry slightly between watering. Do not let go too dry
- Ferns generally suffer from chlorinated water so dechlorinated whenever possible
- Maintain high humidity and/or mist foliage frequently
- Keep plant away from heating source in winter
- Plant: USA; Pot: Imported