Philodendron Swiss Cheese Plant
Style No. 35405448
This gorgeous plant gets its name from its large, heart-shaped leaves that become covered with holes that resemble Swiss cheese as it ages. The houseplant, which is part of the Araceae family that's native to South and Central America, is easy to grow and loves to climb.
- Philodendron Swiss Cheese, totem, grower's pot
- Allow soil to dry 1-2" from top before watering. Plant will droop to show it needs more water. Do not overwater or keep soil wet for too long, as this will encourage root rot
- Water every 7-9 days in the warm months and every 2-3 weeks in the winter
- Provide adequate drainage
- Prefers bright, natural light (near, but not in a window). They will tolerate low light but will show little growth. Strong sun will scorch the leaves
- Fertilize through the growing season (late spring to early summer)
- These plants prefer to grow slightly pot bound; repot every 2-3 years
- Plant in rich soil that has a good amount of peat in it
- Plant: USA; Pot: Imported
Approximately 57"H, 10" diameter
Rare, Unusual, and Hard-to-Find Plant Buying Policy
You will be able to inspect your plant upon pick up at our nursery. Our nursery staff can assist you with any plant care questions you may have at that time. This is a live plant, so occasional scarring and broken leaves are normal. Additionally, please remember plants may go through dormant periods or show signs of stress during their life. Many problems can be fixed if detected in time. Please refer to our care instructions to make sure your plant is getting the proper light, water, drainage, and soil for it to stay healthy. With this in mind, please understand that we cannot accept returns, refunds, or exchanges for plants once you leave the store with your plant purchase.