Mushroom Grow Kit, Golden Oyster
Style No. 66377805
Golden Oysters are reliable producers and tend to yield large flushes of beautiful yellow mushrooms that are velvety and delicious when cooked. They are also one of the easiest kits to get subsequent fruitings and should reliably produce a second flush (or more) of mushrooms. Each kit includes detailed, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with helpful growing tips and cooking ideas from North Spore's experts.
1. Open the front of your kit along the perforated line. The sawdust block should remain in the cardboard box and only the pre-cut perforation be removed, so there is a window.
2. Slice an 'X' into the plastic with a sharp knife or scissors, this is an amended sawdust block that has been completely colonized by mushroom mycelium.
3. Fill the sprayer included in your kit with tap water and spritz the plastic where you sliced your 'X' shape. Spritz your kit at least twice daily; more if you're in a particularly dry climate. (If your growing conditions are too dry and you should make a humidity tent; humidity tent instructions included with package.
4. Place your kit in the most humid part of your home and outside of direct sunlight. We suggest putting it on a kitchen counter close to a sink. The mushroom mycelium will sense the oxygen in the air and produce mushroom 'pins,' another term for 'baby mushrooms.' This will usually begin to happen within two weeks of slicing the plastic.
5. Harvest before the caps flatten out and become concave. Mushrooms grow quickly, so when you spot your first pins keep an eye on them. The warmer the environment the faster they will grow. Mushrooms should be ready to harvest 2-5 days after pin formation.
IMPORTANT NOTE Allergy Cautions and Considerations: Please cook mushrooms thoroughly if consuming at home. If it's your first time eating this species, please start with a small amount to see how your body responds. Please note: mushrooms produce spores as they develop as a natural means of reproduction. These spores usually appear as a dusty surface on your grow kit beneath the mushroom caps. People with allergies or compromised immune systems may want to consider putting fruiting mushrooms outdoors or in a well-ventilated area as airborne spores sometimes cause respiratory irritation. This irritation can sometimes develop even in non-allergic or immune compromised people. Harvesting mushrooms while still in their younger growth stages will reduce overall spore load.
About North Spore: With a mission to make the world of mushrooms accessible for all, North Spore is a mycological brand for mushroom enthusiasts, by mushroom enthusiasts. North Spore produces all the spawn used at its facility, with multiple mycologists on staff Master's Degrees in the field and trained lab technicians overseeing our in-house laboratory, culture bank, and spawn production. North Spore is committed to fostering innovation and collaboration to improve tomorrow.
-Includes: Amended sawdust block fully colonized with mushroom mycelium
-Important note: Block may appear covered with a soft, white, mold-like substance; that's the mushroom mycelium. It is completely normal
-Includes detailed growing guidelines, care information, cooking tips,and allergy considerations
Packaging: 10"H, 5"W, 5"L