Also known as the autograph tree due to its tough leaves that are strong enough that they can be carved into, the clusia standard is a large genus of trees and shrubs native to the tropical Americas. They're best known for their horizontal branches and thick, olive-hued leathery leaves. During the summer, look out for pink and white flowers blooming and small green fruits that eventually split to reveal bright red seeds. This plant is one of the only in existence that is capable of absorbing carbon dioxide at night.
- Clusia standard plant
- Water regularly the first year or until plant is fully established; fairly drought-tolerant, but don't allow soil to dry completely
- Fertilize three times a year (spring, summer, fall) with organic granular fertilizer
- Quick growing; when repotting, be sure to lift the root ball out as a whole and replace it in a larger container that can accommodate the root system
- As plant matures, it may be too large to be kept in containers at all unless it is well-pruned
- Plant: USA; Pot: Imported
Approximately 84"H, 17" diameter
Rare, Unusual, and Hard-to-Find Plant Buying Policy
You will be able to inspect your plant upon pick up at our nursery. Our nursery staff can assist you with any plant care questions you may have at that time. This is a live plant, so occasional scarring and broken leaves are normal. Additionally, please remember plants may go through dormant periods or show signs of stress during their life. Many problems can be fixed if detected in time. Please refer to our care instructions to make sure your plant is getting the proper light, water, drainage, and soil for it to stay healthy. With this in mind, please understand that we cannot accept returns, refunds, or exchanges for plants once you leave the store with your plant purchase.