A RARE beauty! The Anthurium cobra is a lover of light (but not direct sunlight!). The Cobra is a newer hybrid variety of the Anthurium bonplandii subsp. guayanum. It grows in a "bird's nest" shape, meaning it will stay relatively short and compact. These plants grow under the cover of other plants in nature, so if the light is too strong (like a hot, western exposure close to a window), your plant will burn.
- Anthurium cobra plant, soil, grower's pot
- Allow plant to almost completely dry between waterings. Water every 2 days in summer to keep soil moist; less in the winter. Do not overwater; this plant is subject to root rot
- This plant thrives in humidity; please mist regularly
- Fertilize in the spring and summer months; do not overfertilize, this can burn the leaves of the plant
- Repot in spring or summer every 2-4 years
- Plant: USA; Pot: Imported
Rare, Unusual, and Hard-to-Find Plant Buying Policy
You will be able to inspect your plant upon pick up at our nursery. Our nursery staff can assist you with any plant care questions you may have at that time. This is a live plant, so occasional scarring and broken leaves are normal. Additionally, please remember plants may go through dormant periods or show signs of stress during their life. Many problems can be fixed if detected in time. Please refer to our care instructions to make sure your plant is getting the proper light, water, drainage, and soil for it to stay healthy. With this in mind, please understand that we cannot accept returns, refunds, or exchanges for plants once you leave the store with your plant purchase.