Cafe Reopenings + How We’re Staying Safe
At Terrain Cafe, the safety and health of our team members and guests is paramount. As we reopen our cafes to the public, we are committed to doing so as responsibly and safely as possible. The ways in which we interact with one another and our guests has significantly changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, certain policies and procedures have been modified, and new requirements introduced, to ensure we are adhering to applicable health and safety guidelines and complying with state and local law. While dining with us in our cafes, our guests should expect the below:
- Increased cleaning routines. We will be using disposable menus and will be sanitizing all surfaces between guest use. We will also be regularly sanitizing all door handles, bathrooms, and other frequently touched surfaces, per CDC guidelines.
- Masks required for all employees and customers. All team members will be required to wear masks, including in states that do not require masks to be worn. We are also asking all customers to wear masks while not seated at a table.
- Fever screenings for all employees before their shift starts. We’re also requiring employees who have symptoms of Covid-19 to self-quarantine per CDC guidelines.
- Social distancing. Our tables are placed at a 6’ distance and are available for reservation only. We’re continuing to enforce social distancing throughout our cafes, both indoors and on the patio. Find markers throughout the restaurant to help guide you.
- Occupancy limits + reservation-only dining. We will be limiting the number of guests dining in our cafes to help enforce distancing. At this time, we are not offering walk up seating; reservations are required.
- Air filtration systems. Our system uses the highest rated MERV filters possible, keeping our air as clean as possible from airborne particulates.
- Cashless and contactless transactions. You can pay through QR code or mobile units at your table once you’ve finished your dining experience.