WHEN SHIPPING FROM A FOREIGN COUNTRY INTO THE U.S.A. – Applies only when Urban Outfitters Inc. is the Importer of Record.
Transport Documents for shipments being imported into the U.S.A. should be prepared as follows:
Consignee: Urban Outfitters Inc.
5000 South Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19112
Notify Party: Barthco International Inc.
5101 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19112
Attn: Vicky Stankiewicz
Freight forwarder will prepare transport documents (AWB or B/L) with correct notify party address as advised by Terrain’s Import Traffic Dept.
Airport of Entry: Philadelphia, PA (unless otherwise advised by our Traffic Department).
Ocean Port of Entry: Forwarder will route shipment to final destination according to Terrain’s Import Traffic Department.
1. One complete set of original documents should be sent to our Customs’ Broker. The Freight forwarder will normally send these documents to the Broker at the appropriate location.
2. A copy of the documents (including Airway Bill or Bill of Lading) should be sent to the Terrain’s Import Traffic Department.
Documents Required for Customs Clearance: Vendor must supply
1. Commercial Invoice OR Pro Forma– Must be in ENGLISH, and must include the following information: Full address of Shipper / Exporter, Full address of Consignee / Importer, port of entry to which the merchandise is destined, country of origin, style number, P.O. number, complete item description, quantity, unit price and total in U.S. Dollars. Shipping terms should be stated (F.O.B., C.I.F., Ex WORKS, etc.) Invoice should list a complete description of the merchandise including the contents of the item (i.e. 100% cotton, plastic, wood), as well as the complete name and address of the actual factory that produced the merchandise. For additional details please refer to section XV titled “Commercial Invoice Guidelines for Commercial Invoice Preparation.”
2. Packing List showing the contents of each carton. Net weight, gross weight, and Summary must be included on the packing list.
3. Country of Origin Declaration for all textile products.
4. Export License / Visa if required (For textile products from certain countries only).
5. Airway Bill or Bill of Lading (Freight forwarder will prepare).
6. Shoes: Completed International Footwear Association / Footwear Retailers of America Interim Footwear Invoice.
7. For Fish and Wildlife shipments, the following information must be listed on the invoice:
a. Common name.
b. Genus / species.
c. Unit cost of Fish and Wildlife item.
d. Number of Fish and Wildlife items per style.
e. Country of origin of Fish and Wildlife item.
f. Origin – Born in captivity or from the wild.
8. Shipments from Hong Kong and China must include either one of the following:
i. Statement saying “We hereby certify that there is no solid wood packing material contained in this shipment” (this can be listed on the commercial invoice).
ii. If there is wood packaging – fumigation certificate and solid wood packing materials declaration (SWPM) for goods of Chinese/ Hong Kong origin, regardless of the country of export.
For additional details concerning the guidelines for regulating wood packaging material in international trade, please visit the following website:
9. Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) Certificate when required.
10. Textile declaration – For all textile articles such as fabric, rugs, bedding, clothing, etc.
11. All documents must be prepared in English.
12. TSCA Statement – were applicable. For more details please visit the following website pertaining to the Toxic Substance Control Act. www.epa.gov/region5/defs/html/tsca.htm
13. NAFTA Certificate - Goods obtained or produced in the US, Canada, or Mexico must have completed NAFTA Certificate of Origin included with each shipment. To obtain a copy of the NAFTA certificate, or for additional information, please visit the following web sites:
https://forms.customs.gov/customsrf/getformharness.asp or www.export.gov/logistics/exp_001022.asp
14. Commodity Restrictions / Prohibitions
Goods either made in or shipped from the following countries are absolutely prohibited from entering the United States:
Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria
Special licenses, permits, or other documentation is required for the following:
b. Ceramic Tableware
c. Cultural Artifacts / Art
d. Fish and Wildlife
e. Prepared Food Products
f. Fruits / Vegetables
g. Meats, Livestock, Poultry
i. Plants and Seeds
k. Textile and Clothing
l. Trademarked and Copyrighted Articles
Please consult section XV titled Commercial Invoice Guidelines for Commercial Invoice Preparation. This section provides a chart containing information required by Terrain Merchandising LLC for Customs Compliance descriptions of merchandise.
ROUTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMPORTED SHIPMENTS INTO U.S.A. AND CANADA (APPLIES ONLY WHEN URBAN OUTFITTERS, INC. IS THE IMPORTER OF RECORD) CONTAINER SHIPMENTS
Please contact the Import Traffic Manager for routing instructions for shipments being shipped to the U.S. from abroad as we have designated freight forwarders that must be contacted to move our imported shipments.
Contact: Gilda DiBenedetto
ROUTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMPORTED SHIPMENTS INTO U.S.A. AND CANADA (APPLIES ONLY WHEN URBAN OUTFITTERS, INC. IS THE IMPORTER OF RECORD) LCL SHIPMENTS
Please contact the transportation department for routing instructions for shipments being shipped to the U.S. from abroad as we have designated carriers that must be contacted to move our imported shipments.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your buying contact. Please include the following information:
Invoice, which should include the below information:
- PO #
- Cost written in USD
- “Factory Name and Address” written with the corresponding factory name and address underneath
- Packing List
- Postal Code Shipping from
- Postal Code Shipping to
- # of Boxes
- Dimensions of Boxes
- Total Weight of Boxes
IMPORT INSTRUCTIONS WHEN URBAN OUTFITTERS, INC. IS NOT THE IMPORTER OF RECORD
A copy of the documents (including Airway Bill or Bill of Lading and packing list) should be sent to the Traffic Department via fax at 717-442-8499 or by email at InboundRR@urbanout.com.
All carriers must be instructed to schedule deliveries by contacting the receiving department
(Gap 717-442-1218/ 1211) (Trenton 803-275-1526/ 1527)
Please contact the Traffic Dept at InboundRR@urbanout.com with any questions.
EXAMPLE OF IMPORT CARTON MARKINGS
When Terrain is the Importer of Record
CONSIGNEE: URBAN OUTFITTERS, INC.
C/O TERRAIN LLC
5000 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA. 19112
SHIPPER: COMPLETE NAME AND ADDRESS OF SHIPPER
CARTON NO: _________ OF _________
ORIGIN: MADE IN ________________
GROSS WT: KGS or LBS
NET WT: KGS or LBS
CARTON DIMENSIONS: X X CBMS or Inches
CUBIC METER: M
This is an example of the preferred layout for an import carton marking. The Triangle is not a requirement for Domestic shipments, nor is the carton dimensions and cubic meters. This is information that is generally required by freight forwarders for all Import shipments.
Please review all tabs on left navigation for further instructions.